So I just got a text at 6am this morning from the owners of the show grounds I was going to today. They are postponing the show because of the wet conditions. My guess is they knew that many of us would be getting stuck and that does not make for a happy show environment! Or maybe they just didn’t want to a hold a show in the rain (it is going to be raining on and off all day). Regardless my worrying about this show was for not because it is not happening today.
I quickly texted three people when I got the news this morning. The first was my trainer. She was going to bring a lead line kid so I wanted her to know it was canceled right away. The second was the barn owner at Gens. We were going to go to Devon as a barn, then I found out about this show so I was not sure if I was going to make it. I got the happiest response I will ever get in a text message when I told her I could go with everyone again. The third was to TM’s owner. I wanted to let her know that TM could go outside. The poor thing is clean, with Gen’s sheet on stuck in a stall (she is out 24/7 normally). I bet she can’t wait to go out and ROLL!
So I guess I am going to Devon tonight after all. I don’t think I am going to video any of the rides. There is no real need to now with USEF’s live feed and all (for those of you who are not USEF members you can still watch it…just go to http://www.usefnetwork.com/featured/2011DressageAtDevon)
See if you can spot me in the crowd. I know that people saw me at the national championships (I got a text from a friend asking me to confirm my outfit when they saw me on the live stream) so you never know.
I just finished my Horsey Halloween costume at midnight too! All well. You know this has not been a very good year for me horse show wise. I hope they reschedule this show so at least I can do something. And I also hope that it stops raining! At least I have cute rain boots I can wear to Devon.