I am going to talk to the barn owner about getting my boy a mister. That seems to be the thing that most people thought would help. The only other thing I can think of was Laura’s idea. Clearly if I want Gen to be happy in the summer time heat he needs more than I can give him. I think it is about time that I hired my handsome pony his very own personal assistant!
Gennyral’s Requirements of a Personal Assistant:
- Must be willing to scratch his cute butt whenever and for however long he needs.
- Must always have brown pears and carrots on hand in case he gets hungry.
- Dislike of grooming or giving baths so he can get and stay as dirty as his heart desires.
- Must love to cuddle and give kisses.
- Strong preference for bilingual candidate so he can get told in both English and Spanish how handsome and perfect he is.
- Must be willing to stand at fence line so he can still eat after the Appy breaks the fence to his field instead of standing there defending his turf all on his own.
- Love of the water so you can take him in streams or hose him off every 2 hours so he does not get hot.
- Must be willing to stand outside with giant umbrella, fan, and fly shooer all hours to make sure he is shaded, cool, and bug free.
- Strong camera skills a must so you can take pictures of him all day and night making sure to catch him at this most handsome and most dirty.
- Ability to keep a level head in all situations, especially for when Gen randomly throws temper tantrums for no reason at all.
- Good working knowledge of horse first aid since Gen thinks scars are cool.
- And last but not least…A good sense of humor because sometimes all you can do it laugh!
Payment: Gen and I talked it over and the best payment you can get it the love of one very sweet and possibly spoiled Thoroughbred. Who needs money when you can have Gennyral kisses right?