But I am only putting them on one leg at a time…
Well, the time has come to do it. No more dreaming or thinking about it. The time has come to enter a recognized show. I am officially going to go for it. Time to try and see how Phoenix and I do in the big leagues. I chose my first USDF show with Phoenix as carefully as I could. I think I found the perfect first USDF show for Phoenix.
- The show is the first Sunday in May so we still have several weeks to work out all the issues that Phoenix and I have been having and hopefully get his confidence back back up.
- The show is also small, which is one of the reasons why I entered for it so early. They max out at 60 entries for the whole day and it is a one ring show.
- The farm is only about an hour away. I have never been there, but according to their directions I just get off the highway and they are not even 2 miles from the exit.
- They place though 10th place. With show of only 60 to begin with the fact that they place each class through 10th means that I am going to get a ribbon! I am going to need all the positive reinforcement I can get this year.
- This show is cheap! Only $115 for the two classes. That makes me feel a lot less pressure than if I were paying $175 for two classes.
- I am staring off slow. Phoenix and I are only entered in Training Level Test 1 and 2.
So I am hoping that all my careful planing was worth it and that our first USDF show goes well. We still have a month and a half to find out! Phoenix is not even 6 yet so I really want to make this year a positive one for him. I have not done a recognized show since 2003 so it has been a while for myself as well. In fact, my last recognized show was before Phoenix was even born! I know it is just another show, but I still had a moment when I put the entry into the mail. This is a big step for my fat spotted pony and I. We are taking our game up a notch. I hope this was the right thing to do!